- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 pound red eating apples
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup California walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup dark seedless raising lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl with a fork, mix mayonnaise with lemon juice.
- With a small sharp knife, dice eating apples (do not peel them); discard cores and stems.
- Add diced apples to mayonnaise and with a spoon, stir to coat well.
- Add sliced celery, walnuts, and raisins; toss gently to mix well.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on serving platter and spoon salad into the center.
Hawaiian Fruit Salad
- preserved ginger in syrup
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 medium papayas
- 4 medium bananas
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Mince enough drained, preserved dinger to make ¼ cup; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, corn syrup, salt, and ¼ cup syrup from preserved ginger; set aside.
- With a sharp knife, cut papayas lengthwise in half and scoop out seeds. Slice off a thin piece from the rounded side of each papaya half, so that each will stand evenly
- With a paring knife, score the flesh.
- With a small sharp knife, slice bananas crosswise; arrange on papaya halves.
- Spoon syrup mixture over banana and papayas, then sprinkle with shredded coconut; top mixture with the drained minced preserved ginger.
Sacramento Fruit Bowl
- 2 cup of water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons anise seed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 small honeydew melon
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 2 oranges
- 2 nectarines or 4 apricots
- 2 purple plums
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 lime, sliced
- In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook water wine sugar, lemon juice, anise seed, and salt 15 minutes or until the mixture becomes a light syrup. Chill syrup well.
- Meanwhile, cut peel from pineapple, melon, cantaloupe, and oranges and cut the pulp from all into bite-size chunks.
- Cut nectarines or apricots and purple plums into halves and removes and remove seeds; slice.
- In a large bowl or large container, combine cut-up fruits with grapes and lime slices.
- Pour chilled syrup through a strainer over fruits. Cover and refrigerate, stirring the salad frequently.
Fresh Fruit Bowl with Cardamom Dressing
- Cardamom Dressing
- 1 small honeydew melon
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- 6 medium plums
- 2 medium pears
- 3 medium peaches
- Prepare Cardamom Dressing; set aside.
- With a sharp knife, peel melon and cantaloupe; cut into bite-size pieces. Slice plum and pears; peel and slice peaches.
- In a large bowl, gently toss melon, plums, pears, and peaches. Serve fruit with Cardamom Dressing.